Melville, NY—At CES 2020, Booth #14018, Nikon Inc. unveiled its lively and inspirational space. The booth featured an array of presentations, innovative product debuts as well as inspiring activations.
Moreover, designed to provide an interactive experience, the Nikon booth showcased live presentations and panel discussions from a prestigious lineup of Nikon Ambassadors and creators.
In addition, it boasted three pop-up studio scenarios; they allowed visitors to interact with some of Nikon’s latest camera tech to create their own shareable moments with studio backdrops and scenes. Visitors also had the chance to check out Nikon’s latest imaging technologies at display tables, including the company’s mirrorless, DSLR and Coolpix cameras, as well as its Nikkor optics.
Furthermore, Nikon livestreamed all of the presentations and panel discussions directly from its booth. As a result, those who could not make it to CES 2020 could still experience the show online.
In addition, the full schedule of Nikon Theater presentations can be found below. The company produced a varied and informative array of sessions.
Nikon at CES 2020: New Products
Visitors to CES 2020 can got a hands-on look at Nikon’s expanding Nikkor Z lens lineup. Built for Nikon’s mirrorless camera system, the lenses comprise the company’s most advanced optical system for next-level performance. Visitors also touched and tried out the following products at the Nikon booth.
Nikkor Z 70–200mm f/2.8 VR S
The Nikkor Z lens lineup now includes the Nikkor Z 7–200mm f/2.8 VR S telephoto zoom lens. Nikon reimagined this classic lens to maximize the benefits of the Nikon Z series. It provides a fast f/2.8 aperture, a close focus distance and 5 stops of built-in optical VR (vibration reduction) image stabilization.
The lens is a serious option for Z series shooters capturing portraits, events, sports as well as wildlife. The Nikkor Z 70–200mm f/2.8 VR S will ship in February for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $2,599.95.
Nikon says the D780 “is a new breed of DSLR for a new type of creator.” It employs a 24.5-megapixel backside-illuminated FX-format CMOS sensor and Nikon’s advanced Expeed 6 image processor. “The D780 achieves a new level of performance, giving shooters endless capabilities, whether creating still images or 4K UHD video content,” the company announced.
Integrating the latest Nikon imaging technologies, the D780 features an AF system through the viewfinder and a 273-point on-sensor phase-detection AF system. For videographers, the DSLR records 4K video at 30 fps, as well as 120p in Full HD through the LCD. It also offers 10-bit output with N-Log or HDR (Hybrid Log Gamma) support. As a result, the D780 is now Nikon’s best DSLR for video.
The D780 will reach retail in late January for an SRP of $2,299.95 body only and $2,799.95 bundled with the 24–120mm f/4G ED VR lens.
AF-S Nikkor 120–300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR
This new F-mount telephoto zoom is offered as a single-lens solution for sports, wildlife and portrait professionals. Its constant f/2.8 aperture provides a shallow depth of field and excellent low-light performance.
The AF-S Nikkor 120–300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR ships in February for an SRP of $9,499.95.
This compact point-and-shoot camera is for birding, stargazing and those that need exceptional zoom capabilities. The Coolpix P950 is an all-in-one superzoom bridge camera with an 83x (24–2000mm) optical zoom.
The P950 also offers feature upgrades, including 4K video recording, RAW (NRW) image capture and 5.5 stops of vibration reduction. In addition, the portable P&S provides birdwatching, moon and other scene modes. The Coolpix P950 will also reach retail shelves in February. Further, the premium compact has a suggested retail price of $799.95.
Nikon Theater Presentation Schedule
Throughout CES 2020, Nikon offered a wide range of presentations for content creators of all kinds.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Show Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PT
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: For the Love of Wildlife, Michelle Valberg
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Hidden Worlds, Jodi Cobb
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: The Challenge of Everest, Cory Richards, Keith Ladzinski
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: A World with No Ceiling, Keith Ladzinski
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Life Unfiltered, Cory Richards
- 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.: Wildlife & Conservation | The Power of the Image, Ami Vitale, Michelle Valberg, Roie Galitz
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.: Reframing the Narrative, Ami Vitale
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: 8 Ways to Elevate Your Family Photos, Charmi Peña
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Wildlife Photography | Taking Your Camera to the Extreme, Roie Galitz
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Show Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 P.M. PT
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Extreme Exposure | Embracing the Elements, Mike Mezeul II
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Personal Projects to Propel Your Photo Career, Jen Pottheiser
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Cooper Island | The Power of Art and Science, Joe McNally, George Divoky
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.: The Power of a Picture to Tell the Truth, Joe McNally
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Fantastic Focus | A Simple Technique for Incredible Results, Joey Terrill
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Building Your Career in Sports Photography, Dave Black
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.: Preparing for the Big Game, Rod Mar, Jen Pottheiser, Andrew D. Bernstein
- 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.: The Mamba Mentality on and off the Court, Andrew D. Bernstein
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Sports Photography | Life through a Long Lens, Rod Mar
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Mastering the Art of Dance Photography, Rachel Neville
- 5:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.: Light in the Landscape, Tom Bol
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Show Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PT
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Camera Pro Tips and Tricks, Matthew Jordan Smith, Jerry Ghionis, Kristi Odom
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Elevate Your Photography in 2020, Matthew Jordan Smith
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Capturing Emotion in Wildlife, Kristi Odom
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: The Allure of Wildlife, Ejaz Khan, Kristi Odom
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.: Wolves | An Arctic Expedition, Ejaz Khan
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Keeping Your Photographic Passion Alive, Mandy Lea
- 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Dream to Image | Surreal Photography, Nicolas Bruno
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Conceptual Art and Portraiture, Anya Anti and Nicolas Bruno
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Creating Beyond Simple Portraiture, Anya Anti
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.: Capturing Chicago Urban Action, Ryan Taylor
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.: Turning Inspiration into Reality, Jerry Ghionis
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Find Your Focus | Understanding Your Photographic Voice and Vision, Audrey Woulard
Friday, January 10, 2020
Show Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PT
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: The Power of ProRes RAW, Daniel Chung, Steve Heiner
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Feel. Capture. Trust. | Keys to Compelling Concert Photos, Brian Friedman
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Capturing Mood, Viktoria Haack
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Growing as an Artist in Photography, Malike Sidibe, Isabel Epstein
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.: Where I Started; Where I’m Headed, Malike Sidibe
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Finding the Light and Authentic Moments with the New Nikon Z 50, Gabriela Herman
- 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Finding New Inspiration with Landscape and Travel Photography, Taylor Gray
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Creativity on a Budget | Impactful Imagery That Doesn’t Break the Bank, Isabel Epstein
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Intention. Vision. Creation. Kristian Bogner