Los Angeles, CA—DJI and SkyPixel announced details of the 7th SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contest. Running through February 21, 2022, the annual contest seeks creative works across six video categories and four photography categories. DJI will announce the winners on March 22, 2022.
SkyPixel, an open platform, is a popular aerial photography and videography online community.
“As drone technology evolves, more and more people are using the flying cameras to explore the rare scenery around the world; embrace the beauty of nature; and document their daily lives,” the companies announced.
“Moreover, in the past six years, SkyPixel, has witnessed aerial photographers from all over the world and countless fascinating stories behind their works. Now on its seventh anniversary, SkyPixel looks forward to seeing more creators, artists and storytellers to fully express their creativity and share their unique perspectives of the world.”
7th SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contest
The seventh contest welcomes photo and video pieces in a total of 10 categories. There is no restriction on the type or brand of drones used. In addition, participants can submit as many photos or videos as they wish.
A judging panel of industry professionals will assess the submissions. The panel includes Yann Arthus–Bertrand; Alex Mellis; Pieter de Vries; Stefan Foster; Karim Iliya; and Yunshan Yu.
Furthermore, this year, SkyPixel and DJI will give away more than 54 awards with a total value of nearly $100,000. The grand prize winners in the photo and video categories will each receive a DJI coupon worth $7,500 to purchase any DJI product.
Prizes in other award categories include the DJI Mavic 3; Air 2S Fly More Combo; DJI RS 2 Pro Combo; Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo; as well as other DJI products.
In addition, this year’s contest adds a Mavic 3 Limited Award. One photography winner and one video winner who shot their pieces on a DJI Mavic 3 will garner the award. Winners will each get to choose any DJI product valued under $6,000.
All submissions shot on a Mavic 3 also have a chance of getting selected by the editor and winning a 15% off coupon for DJI Mavic 3 accessories.
Photo & Video Contest Categories
The video contest consists of the following six categories:
- Nature: Capture the true beauty of nature.
- City: Document vibrant moments in the city and get immersed in energy, history and humanity.
- Travel: Share a weekend getaway or an unforgettable adventure around the globe (people must be included in the video).
- FPV: Share an immersive flying experience and bring the audience closer to the action.
- Sport: Capture moments in movement, showing the power and energy of people engaged in sports.
- Showreel: Shoot, edit and create a short video showcasing a memorable moment from 2021.
Note: All videos submitted must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage; they must not exceed five minutes in length.
The photo contest consists of these four categories:
- Portrait: Capture a person’s expression, action or life’s passion in the beauty of their surroundings.
- Nature: Capture a moment in time to reveal the true beauty of nature.
- Architecture: Discover amazing structures from a new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement of athletes.
Note: Entrants must shoot all photos with a drone. Each image must be at least 3MB with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. They should also retain EXIF data.
Interested participants can visit the SkyPixel 7th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest website for complete contest rules and guidelines.
Finally, since 2014, the SkyPixel online community (www.skypixel.com) has attracted more than 30 million aerial photographers, videographers and content creators from 140+ countries. SkyPixel contests over the past six years have received in excess of 200,000 submissions.