Los Angeles, CA—DJI and SkyPixel announced details of the annual SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contests. Moreover, running until February 18, 2021, this year’s contest introduces five new categories. SkyPixel is one of the most popular aerial photography and videography online communities.
The new categories include Vlog, FPV, Showreel, Hometown as well as Environment. The goal is to expand creative possibilities for content creators and storytellers to share and showcase their unique perspectives of the world.
SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contests
This SkyPixel 6th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contests consist of 11 categories in two formats; the first features photography and the other showcases video. In addition, there is no restriction on the type or brand of shooting equipment. Participants also can submit as many photos or videos as they wish.
This year’s judging panel is composed of award-winning filmmakers, photographers and videographers. Among them are Nathan McBride, Toby Strong, Chris Schmid and Roie Galitz.
SkyPixel and DJI will give away more than 55 awards with prizes valued at approximately $83,000. Furthermore, the grand prize winners in the photo and video categories will each receive a cash prize of $7,500. Prizes in other award categories include the Mavic 2, Mavic Air 2, RS 2 and Pocket 2 drones as well as other DJI products.
In addition, SkyPixel will award users with points for every entry they submit. Plus, first–time SkyPixel contest participants will receive a 20% off discount code to purchase DJI accessories upon successful submission of their first entry.
The SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest consists of the following six categories:
- Vlog: Create a video of yourself that captures special moments in your daily life
- FPV: Capture an immersive experience and feeling of freedom that brings people closer to the action and excitement
- Sport: Capture moments in movement, as well as the power and energy of humans engaged in sports
- Travel: Share a story about humanity, culture or an unforgettable adventure (people must be included in the video)
- Hometown: Create a video to share a story and what’s special about your hometown
- Showreel: Shoot a short video showcasing the memorable moments of your 2020
Videos must not exceed five minutes in length. The entry must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage, except for the Vlog category. Vlog category entries do not need to contain aerial shots, but entrants must mark the equipment.
The SkyPixel Photo Contest consists of these five categories:
- Portrait: Capture a person’s expression, action or life’s passion in the vast beauty of their surroundings
- Nature: Capture a moment in time to reveal the true beauty of nature
- Architecture: Discover amazing structures from a new perspective
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement of an athlete pursuing their dreams
- Environment: Highlight an environmental issue you care about
All photos must be shot on a drone; each image must be at least 3MB with a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
Submissions for both contests must be received by February 18, 2021, 14:00 CST. DJI and SkyPixel will announced the awards on March 18, 2021.
Interested participants can visit the SkyPixel 6th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest website for complete contest rules and guidelines.