Ronkonkoma, NY—Sigma Corporation of America announced that it launched a charitable initiative in partnership with authorized Sigma lens dealers nationwide. Via this new Sigma dealer program, from now until June 30, 2020, the company will donate 5% of all Sigma lens sales made through a participating dealer to a charitable organization of the dealer’s choice.
Moreover, the dealers will select organizations working on Covid-19 relief efforts for the donations. The goal is to help ease the devastation many communities are feeling as a result of the global crisis.
“Photography is a creative outlet that helps us all feel connected through the most troubling of times, promoting awareness, compassion as well as empathy. These qualities are at the heart of who we are as human beings,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “This contribution is meant to help ease the many and various burdens felt by those affected by the coronavirus across the country. To that end, Sigma will donate, through our dealers, a portion of product sales to much deserving charities around the country.”
Participants in the Sigma Dealer Program
Sigma also announced a list of participating dealers and their benefiting charities. Currently, they include:
- Allen’s Camera: ERA Food Pantry
- Art’s Cameras Plus: Waukesha Food Pantry
- ASAP Photo & Camera: Foodbank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
- Bedford Camera & Video: Our Neighborhood Empowered, Inc.
- Camera Mall: Senior Solutions
- The Camera Shop of Muskegon: Kids Food Basket of Muskegon
- Glazer’s Camera: Seattle Foundation
- Hunt’s Photo & Video: Meals on Wheels
- Kenmore Camera: North Helpline
- Midwest Photo: Warm Westerville Area Ministry
- Precision Camera & Video: Health Alliance for Austin Musicians
- PROCAM Photo & Video Gear: The Hope Clinic
- Rockbrook Camera: Foodbank for the Heartland
In addition, for the most up–to–date information on participating dealers and benefiting charities, visit: https://www.sigmaphoto.com/focused-on-the-fight