San Diego, CA—Sony is expanding its Artisans of Imagery program to include more than 20 new photographers who share an authentic, creative passion for Sony cameras.
With a variety of specialties ranging from portraiture and sports/action to landscape and more, the new Artisans will help to build on the support for Sony’s Alpha line of cameras among photo enthusiasts and working professionals.
“Our Artisans of Imagery program has been a hugely successful venture for us ever since its inception in 2008, and I’m thrilled to welcome this talented group of photographers to our team,” said Neal Manowitz, director of the interchangeable-lens camera business at Sony. “We are honored that these artists share our passion for photography, and honored to support them in bringing their view of the world. It’s the reason we make the products we make.
“And this is just the beginning,” he added, “We recognize how many talented, passionate photographers there are out there that share our vision. We will continue to make more of these great connections in the coming months.”
A full outline of Sony’s new roster of photographers is below.
- Ben Folds: Passionate photography enthusiast and multi-platinum-selling recording artist and composer. benfoldsphotography.com
- Benjamin Lowy: Award-wining photojournalist and street photographer. benlowryphoto.com
- Bob Krist: Award-winning travel photographer/videographer for National Geographic, author of four photography books and a monthly travel column for Outdoor Photographer. bobkrist.com
- Brian Matiash: Portland-based landscape and travel photographer, lover of social media and author of the new book Moving to Mirrorless. By day, he serves as Google’s Global Photo Evangelist. brianmatiash.com
- Caroline Jensen: Fine art, family photographer and Clickin Mom mentor and instructor. carolinejensen.com
- Colby Brown: Photographer, photo educator and author, he specializes in landscape, travel and humanitarian photography and is a former National Geographic instructor and founder of The Giving Lens. colbybrownphotography.com
- Chris Burkard: Self-taught photographer focused on surf, outdoor, lifestyle and travel subjects. Currently on staff at Surf magazine. ChrisBurkard.com
- Christopher Lynch: Self-taught professional commercial photographer focused on character driven and surreal concepts for high-profile advertising campaigns. Recently awarded an Artists Residency by The Museum of Arts and Design in New York City. misterlynch.com
- Dennis Biela: Commercial photographer with a focus on aviation and space. Biela was able to document the end of NASA’s space shuttle program from 2010–2012 and created thelastshuttle.com. DBiela.com
- Eli Reed: Clinical professor of photojournalism at the University of Texas, he has been with the elite Magnum Photos since 1983. A Nieman Fellow at Harvard University, he has worked on assignment for national and international publications covering world news events since 1982. magnumphotos.com/EliReed
- Gabe Rogel: Adventure sports photographer and filmmaker, focused on climbing, skiing and mountain biking, he is a contributor to Outside magazine and Ski magazine, with previous commercial partners include Patagonia, North Face and Ski-Doo. rogelmedia.com
- Joe Brady: Photographer, educator, author, workshop leader and studio owner who has been teaching photography and photo editing for over 20 years. joebradyphotography.com
- Katrin Eismann: Artist, author and educator specializing in creative and conceptual photography, she chairs the Masters in Digital Photography department at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Member of the Photoshop Hall of Fame. katrineismann.com
- Michael Britt: He created a workflow guide that shipped with Adobe Lightroom 1.0, held the first conference about DSLR video and cowrote a corresponding book for collegiate photo departments released in nine countries. michaelbrittphoto.com
- Nino Rakichevich: Fashion/advertising and fine art photographer who has won 40+ national and international photography awards. She’s a fashion and celebrity portraiture teacher at Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. ninophotography.com
- Patrick Murphy-Racey: Having covered hundreds of photography assignments for Sports Illustrated with four covers credited to his name, he authored two photography books with one in process. He is working with corporate/editorial clients and teaching lighting and video production at workshops. pmrphoto.com
- Paul Gero: A wedding and family portrait photographer with almost two decades experience, he published work in international magazines featuring celebrities, professional athletes, U.S. presidents and European royalty. He authored the book Digital Wedding Photography. paulfgero.com
- Scott Robert Lim: He is an author, designer, international speaker and award-winning photographer with 70+ international awards, including the 2009 Kodak Award and Shutter magazine’s 2014 Top 10 Most Influential. scottrobertgallery.com
- Thibault Roland: He is an international award-winning fine art photographer specializing in long exposure photography for landscape and architecture. thibaultroland.com
- Tony Gale: NYC-based, award-winning, portrait/lifestyle and commercial photographer, he is the chair of the New York chapter of American Photographic Artists. His teaching credentials include Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons the New School for Design. tonygale.com
- Zabrina Deng: An international award-winning wedding and portrait photographer, she was named a Top 50 World’s Best Destination Wedding Photographer for 2014 by Junebug Weddings and a 30 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography in America 2013 by Rangefinder magazine. jezaphoto.com
These new associate artisans join Sony’s existing roster of Artisans of Imagery.
- Andy Katz: He is a travel and fine art photographer and author of 12 coffee table books. andykatzphotography.com
- Brian Smith: A Pulitzer Prize-winning celebrity and portrait photographer, he is the author of three photography books. briansmith.com
- David McLain: A National Geographic photographer, commercial photographer and filmmaker. davidmclain.com
- Jeff Berlin: He is an editorial photographer and filmmaker. berlincreative.com
- Me Ra Koh: A leading photography expert and educator focused on portrait and family photography, as well as TV personality and best-selling author. merahkoh.com
- Robert Evans: He is a celebrity, family and wedding photographer. robertevans.com
- Cristina Mittermeier: A photographer, conservationist and author, she is the cofounder of org. cristinamittermeier.com
- Vivienne Gucwa: A fine art and rravel photographer, she her first coffee table book, NY Through the Lens, was releasing in November 2014. nythroughthelens.com
- Spencer Pablo: A computer scientist by trade, he was awarded the grand prize for Sony’s A7 Experience to become a member of the Artisans of Imagery.