Ronkonkoma, NY—Sigma Corporation of America, the U.S. subsidiary of Sigma Corporation, announced the debut of its new website. Rebuilt from the ground up, the Sigma America website at www.sigmaphoto.com is optimized for an informative, enjoyable and visually compelling experience on screens of all sizes, from phones to studio monitors.
“Our new design modernizes our online experience. It allows customers to easily find and compare the depth and breadth of Sigma lens and camera offerings in a visually engaging format,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma America.
“From hobbyist photographers to Hollywood filmmakers, the site was crafted to inform and inspire while guiding the user to the right gear for their purposes.”
Sigma America Website
A core goal of the new site is to improve the experience for all site visitors—wherever they are and on whatever device. This started with a new foundation, built on Magento Cloud Commerce 2, that reduces load times.
This combined with rethinking the product organization structure and modernizing the user experience for a mobile-first approach. As a result, it is an easy-to-navigate site that is performant on all devices.
Further, its revamped homepage displays new announcements and information in a visually stunning way. In addition, the e-commerce and dealer-finder focus is complemented by educational content from Sigma’s team of contributors on the redesigned blog.
Furthermore, the site is richly illustrated with imagery captured with Sigma products. Most of the photography comes from Sigma America Ambassadors. This group of elite professionals have chosen Sigma photographic and cinematic gear for their work. Their gear includes Global Vision lenses in the Art, Sports, Contemporary and Cine lines. They also often incorporate the fp and fp L full-frame mirrorless cameras.
Other key website updates include the following.
- Improved product search functionality via new taxonomies
- “Build Your Own Kit” Cine lens bundle pricing tool
- Implementation of a real-time, dynamic “find a product” data exchange with authorized dealers’ stock
- Streamlined customer experience and full purchase functionality on all platforms
- Educational discount programs for students and educators
- Streamlined product registration
- Improved online warranty support services
- A redesigned blog and workshops/events pages
- A new Press Room for company news, product images and media inquiries.