San Jose, CA—Adobe plans to significantly update the video tools in Adobe Creative Cloud. With over 150 new features, the upcoming release is packed with added capabilities in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe SpeedGrade CC, Adobe Prelude CC, Adobe Media Encoder CC and Adobe Story CC Plus, to help redefine how video professionals create, collaborate and deliver high-quality productions across multiple screens.
Important updates will also be added to Adobe Anywhere for video, which enables large virtual teams of talent to efficiently shoot, log, edit, share and finish video productions together. These major updates, expected in October, are designed to allow broadcast and media professionals to extend their creative toolset and streamline their editing environments. Adobe Anywhere complements Creative Cloud applications and enables collaboration for large organizations working with video.
Adobe will demonstrate its new solutions and highlight key customer- and partner-focused initiatives during the annual IBC 2013 Exhibition at its stand (Hall 7, Stand 7.G27) in the RAI Convention Center, September 13–17, and online at www.adobe.com/go/ibc2013. Adobe professional video and broadcast tools will also be presented in more than 60 partner booths throughout the IBC exhibit.
Creative Cloud offers video professionals a membership-based service that provides users with unlimited access to download and install flagship Adobe professional video desktop applications as well as Adobe desktop applications for design, web and photography. With Creative Cloud membership, users have access to publishing services to deliver apps and websites, cloud storage and the ability to sync to any device, as well as new products and exclusive updates as soon as they’re released.
Key new updates include:
• A new direct link color pipeline between Adobe Premiere Pro CC and SpeedGrade CC that provides an integrated workflow, allowing users to move multi-track timelines back and forth, open Adobe Premiere Pro CC sequences in SpeedGrade quickly and see the results as effects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
• Expanded native support for UltraHD 4K and higher resolutions, high frame rates and RAW formats that enable editors to work with footage from high-res cameras natively, without waiting to transcode and rewrap files.
• The mask tracker in After Effects permits video professionals to create masks and apply effects that track automatically frame-by-frame throughout a composition to save hours of tedious work.
• Editing is streamlined in Premiere Pro CC, with improved multicam, enhanced closed captioning capabilities, new monitor overlays and audio monitoring features.
• A preview of the upcoming Prelude CC Live Logger iPad app, which lets users log notes, events and other data on their iPad while shooting, including the ability to sync with time code on-set via supported wireless time-code generators and then sync metadata to footage via Creative Cloud for faster editing.
• Advanced color grading with the new SpeedLooks in SpeedGrade CC offers dedicated camera patches. This allows users to match the color spaces even across different camera formats. New multiple masks and linked mask layers capabilities also enable SpeedGrade users more control over complex looks.
• New sync settings in Adobe Media Encoder CC let users sync application preferences between multiple computers via Creative Cloud.
• New production planning features in Adobe Story Plus provide scheduling and reporting tools for managing productions efficiently.
Current Creative Cloud members will receive the updates, scheduled for mid-October, as part of their existing membership at no extra cost. Special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own CS3 or later. adobe.com