Melville, NY—The Canon imagePrograf TC-20 large-format printer provides accessibility and affordability for today’s do-it-yourself generation, from creators and graphic designers to architects, educators and retail shop owners.
Moreover, the launch of the four-color imagePrograf TC-20 represents Canon’s first printer category entry enabling the consumerization of 24-inch, large-format printing at a sub-$1,000 price.
“We are excited to introduce an entry-level, large-format printer to expand this technology’s viability to an entirely new set of users,” said Shinichi “Sam” Yoshida, executive vice president and general manager of Canon USA, Inc.
“The imagePrograf TC-20 combines quality and ease-of-use in a compact body. It supports a variety of output sizes and will be an essential asset for many in the education sector as well as small and home offices.”
Canon imagePrograf TC-20
The compact, desktop, user-manageable device fits in environments with limited space. For instance, the printer will easily install in home offices, small offices, schools and satellites. It combines Canon’s product technology from multiple product lines. As a result, it offers precision printing, an automatic sheet feeder, roll paper feeding and large-capacity ink bottles.
Canon engineers gave careful attention to user design regarding installation and ongoing use. With a focus on first-time, large-format users, the printer offers ease of operability. For instance, it will automatically switch between roll paper and cut-sheet paper as well as provides “no-spool” roll paper loading.
Furthermore, the imagePrograf TC-20 is front-operational. Users can also replenish paper media, swap out ink bottles, replace maintenance cartridges and manage settings from the full-color touchscreen panel.
The environmentally friendly printer is also rated Gold by the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). That is the highest rating to date of any imagePrograf printer. In addition, it produces the lowest power consumption of any imagePrograf printer.
What’s more, the printer can hold up to 100 sheets of letter-size and up to 50 sheets of 11×17-inch plain paper. It also handles roll sizes up to 24-inches in width. In addition, the printer comes standard with four high-capacity 70 milliliter ink bottles. The large ink bottles lessening the need to change ink as frequently, saving time as well as replenishment cost.
Creative & Workflow Software
Further, creative and workflow software solutions are available free of charge to help support varied printing needs. Supported software includes:
- PosterArtist. This design software is available free online at https://posterartist.canon in a lite version. It is also available as a full version at an MRSP of $425.
- Direct Print Plus. This solution allows users to input multiple files in different formats by dragging and dropping. They can then print without launching a dedicated application for each file.
- Pixma Cloud Link. This software supports hybrid work by providing a means to print shared files remotely. It also enables accessing the cloud from a smartphone or personal computer.
- Mobile printing apps, including Canon Print Inkjet and Selphy, with AirPrint compatibility.
- Free Layout Plus. This solution enables printing from Microsoft Office applications.
Moreover, both Windows and Mac platforms are compatible with the printer. The imagePrograf TC-20 has a suggested retail price of $795.