Always a fun event to attend, the Last Gadget Standing session held on the second-to-last day of CES every year is a raucous affair that showcases some of the hottest tech from the show floor.
In an animated and time-condensed fashion attendees vote on the products until they produce a “people’s choice” winner each year. Amid the yelling and screaming for their favorites at this year’s CES, we were delighted to see imaging products make up 4 of the final 10 gadgets standing, one of which took home the top prize as, in fact, The Last Gadget Standing – the Eye-Fi Video Card.
Here are the ten finalists for 2009, in no particular order:
• Eye-Fi: The winner of last year’s coveted Last Gadget Standing successfully defended its title this year with its most ground-breaking product yet ; the Eye-Fi Video Card. It allows users to wirelessly upload videos and even allows you to share your videos in real time, over the Internet.
• Bug Labs: Consumers can create their own gadget out of modular and programmable electronic units.
• ClickFree: A company with easy-to-use digital storage solutions reveals its latest gadget ; the Transformer USB cable. The backup smarts are in the cable.
• emWave PSR: This portable biofeedback tool from HeartMath helps users reduce stress, balance emotions and increase performance.
• FlipMino HD: The world’s smallest HD-quality video camcorder, the Mino HD, features 4GB of memory and up to 60 minutes of recording time and all-new built-in FlipShare software for easy saving, organizing and sharing of video.
• LiveScribe Smart Pulse Pen: You’ll never miss a word with this pen-sized computer that records and syncs audio with what you write.
• MSI Wind: Wi-Fi Network Device is the first 10" notebook to feature the speedy new Intel Atom; 1.6GHz processor. Weighing in at just 2.6 lbs, it’s designed to be lightweight and ultra-mobile, without sacrificing convenience or performance.
• Motorola ZN5: According to the judges, it’s the first mobile phone that lets them feel comfortable leaving their digital camera behind. The MOTOZINE; ZN5 is the only product that combines Motorola’s mobile device design, call quality and technology with Kodak’s powerful imaging innovation and leadership.
• T-Mobile Android: A complete portable Web solution right in your pocket. The T-Mobile Android is the first mobile phone to feature Google’s Android operating system, offering free email access to Gmail users.
• WowWee: The leading innovator of hi-tech consumer robotic and entertainment products unwraps its newest product ; Joebot ; a walking, talking, interactive buddy, and with more personality than robots before him.
“These top ten finalists represent the technologies that will endure long after CES is over. The Last Gadget competition lets attendees and online viewers have their say about what’s hot. It’s a people’s choice,” said moderator and tech expert Robin Raskin. To see a demo of the winning product check out http://www.youtube.com/user/EyeFiCard